Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Rest of October


This cupcake was inspired by an invitation to a family Halloween party via the Woodruffs. I thought I'd put in the extra effort and make something truly spooktacularly festive. oooh. I felt like a jolly, old soul when I saw a picture of monster cupcakes in a Taste of Home that looked sooo easy. To sum it up, my cupcakes looked nothing like the magazine picture! Yes, you can assume the magazine's looked better.



As well, I was limited to making a mere 12 of my monster goodness because as I left the room, things got quiet (oh, blessed quiet), only for me to walk back in and find Grady had left his trademark. That's okay, my couch needed some mooshed cake into the cushions. I want people to know as soon as they walk in the door that this is a kid friendly home that they can first-hand witness from the dents in my walls, and stains on furniture. Kidding! I love my kids and everything that goes with them AND at least in hindsight, they're cute even when they create disasters but the food stains on my furniture that I can't afford to replace is a no-go.
To be honest though, I did think it was particularly funny that he took a single bite out of each one before moving on to the next. I feel as though I am a living story of Robert Munsch. His stories and characters are hilarious because they exaggerate the reality every family knows, with a 'find joy in your day' attitude. It's good to find humor while I'm vacuuming baked cake off my couch.

Thank you blogging world. I love these ghosts! I found the idea on the blog, eighteen25. One more way to preserve their childhood. To keep with the eternal handprint, I'm switching it up and this month, those fingers are going to be snowmen.


The last mow of the season. This is also the last time I saw any living plantation.

This rad snowman was created but days later. Bye, bye grass for 8 more months of cursed cold...I mean winter wonderland. Lucky!


Happy Halloween! The classic from Porter this month was that he was thrilled to be a hamburger until he saw everyone else his age was a superhero. Then he felt left out because he too, thinks that spiderman and his Marvel comrads are fascinating beings of ultimate coolness. The tipping of the scale came when the superheroes at the Halloween party said they wanted to eat him. Sorry, Po! He is a cute burger though and I loved it! He had a good attitude after he realized they really weren't going to eat him and enjoyed his day as a fully loaded hamburger.
Grady was Nemo. It never gets old for me. Grady was none too pleased with his fin hat though, but I felt it was necessary for his overall fishy look. I told him it makes mommy happy, but he didn't alter his pattern of high pitched whining. All head piece annoyance suddenly disappeared at the first sign of candy. mmmm. It's like he won the lotto after that. After they went to bed, it's like Lane and I won the lotto! jk. Halloween and all of the parties and activities, were great. Now we're just rolling forth into the Christmas season.

1 comment:

Kimara said...

OK that picture of Lane and Porter mowing is so funny! I love the snowman and the story about poor Porter getting eaten by the super hero's. That is sooooo funny!