Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Stories to laugh at

Porter gave his first talk today in primary. It was about how baptism and confirmation bless our family. I was whipsering the words to him and therefore, he whispered the words to everyone else. Lane said the only thing he could hear was, 'Baptism. Confimation. Blessings. Jesus' in audible whispers. Quite cute, quite right. He seemed to like it up there. He started laughing at one of the kids and couldn't stop. It took a while to re-focus on the talk. He liked the podium. Clearly a better view of what was going on. The primary was there to entertain him. ;)

A few weeks ago, I asked Porter what he learned in primary. He said, 'Jesus died on cross.' I was really impressed that he took that away from primary BUT I wanted to emphasize that the most important thing is that Jesus lives. So I got him to repeat, "Jesus died BUT.....(drum roll) HE LIVES!' Big emphasis on 'BUT' dramatic plause and then enthusiastic, 'HE LIVES'. Many a days passed and he told me out of a random conversation that included trains, chocolate, milk in a sippie cup, and Jesus died. Then he looked at me and said, 'But he lives!' He got it and I hope that means more and more to him as time goes on.

Yesterday morning, Porter informs me that he must poo. I had my friend Wendy staying at my house and she said, 'What's that Porter?' Porter replied, "I need go poo. Want to come?" I mean who wouldn't? It's a nice, casual, social engagement. It was hilarious. He was just so openly extending an invitation for her to come hang out with him while he took in Lane's words, a 'duke'.
It's funny. Speaking of Porter pooing...I have to ask him while he's in the bathroom if he's done because if I dont' check in, he'll just get off the toilet and walk around with fecal matter attached to his bottom. There's no waiting around for the wipe. I have to be on top of my game when he announces the poo is here. So as I periodically call and say, "Porter are you done?" If he's not he'll say with a strained and grunting voice, 'Almost (strain, grunt) there.'

2 comments:

The Pratts said...

Porter is hilarious. I'm surprised he didn't start singing Whitney Houston to the Primary! Oh, and I'm so relieved that someone else's kid hates swimming lessons! Cohen has always really liked going swimming as a family...still a wimp, but he liked it. Now I think he knows we'll dunk him and make him put his face in the water, so he cries as soon as we get there! Ugh!

Stephanie M Larsen said...

Hilarious!! Stac your so funny, your delivery cracks me up!