Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Roll-over Champ

On April 13th, Grady was having the recommended amount of tummy time, when before my very eyes he pusehd himself up, teetered and rolled over on his back! Brilliant child! It was very exciting. For a moment I considered it a fluke but now he won't stop. In fact, I was attempting to take pictures of his victory but he would rollover before I could take the picture! So in order to get the pictures I had to hold him with one hand to keep him on his tummy, while I stretched back and tried to position the camera. I then strategically released my hand and was hoping to catch the roll-y moment. I did this several times in order to get the pictures I wanted.



After our photo shoot, I think he thought I didn't want him to roll over probably from me holding him back from rolling so I could take a pictue. If only that could be explained to a 3 month old! He temporarily quit rolling over. He would remain on his tummy and stare at me. The next couple of days I had to re-teach him that rolling over was good. So I would put him on his tummy and give him a little push to tip him over, then enthusiastically cheer. I had to revert the false lesson. Thankfully, he now rolls over whenever he pleases with the promise that no one will stop him again. Go Grady!

1 comment:

Art Solomon said...

Congrats little Grad-Man!! I'm so glad to hear he's been having his recommended amount of tummy time.