Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Soccer Mom

Our car went to car heaven, although I prefer to think it went to car hell where it deserved to go. As a result, we just bought a Honda Odyssey mini van. Lane thought he was too cool for a mini van but when you have a family and SUV's are for the elite, a mini van is the next step in life. Lane has since looked at the brighter side of things and has re-named the Odyssey the 'Silver Bullet'. That's positive thinking.
This past Saturday, April 25, was Porter's first soccer game. He is in the NSD league on the Cougar team. Get this, his jersey is navy blue and he's a cougar...a little BYU action anyone? Go Cougars! Riding in the mini van for the first time as a family, we headed to the soccer game. Wahoo, soccer mom, soccer dad, soccer star, and darling baby arriving in the Silver Bullet. We had some good friends of ours who have their daughter in the same league mock us all day long for our cliche. What's there to dispute? It was a great day though despite the cold weather. We were so proud of Porter seeing him play soccer. I love this time and this age. They're starting to be able to develop so many talents and experience and enjoy so much more.


He got two goals with the help of Pappy. Lane and Porter are going to practice soccer in the backyard just to reconfirm the idea of kicking the ball in the right direction. The tricky thing is you tell them to share all the time and then in soccer you're telling them to take away the ball from the other kid. Tricky, tricky.
Tons of fun though! I couldn't believe how much fun I had watching him play soccer for the first time! It's official, I am a proud soccer mom who drives a mini van....and who is supercool.

3 comments:

Josh, Shauna, Allison, Brynlee said...

Stacey you are so cute! I can't believe Porter is old enough to play soccer!!!!! He is such a cutie! I sure hope we can get together one day and let our kiddos play and we can catch up on life!

The Pratts said...

I always say I'll NEVER drive a minivan, but I know the time will come! At least you got a sweet Honda Silver Bullet! Love the pictures of soccer in the snow. Oh Canada!

Stephanie M Larsen said...

Oh, my goodness Stac! Cutest pictures ever!! And, I love the comment about your car moving on to it's next life in car Hell was it?? I've got to see your new minivan, welcome to the club!!